Welcome to my world. Here you will find a selection of designs, short films and graphics that i enjoy. Along with a small selection of my work and my thoughts.
All of the work is divided into sections, which you will find on the right hand side. Some of the sections are my current projects and research belonging to the brief, along with film and motion graphics, typography and identities from designers that i love.

Evaluation, 1st Module 3rd yr

As our Tutor is always telling us we will make mistakes, and this is how we learn. Well I consider this module to be my mistake. I made two very significant mistakes this term that spiralled and enveloped the whole module. My main mistakes were organisation and direction. Both of which I would normally mark as my strengths, this term were my main concerns.
At the beginning of term my motivation for the course was very low, I believe this was due to working a relatively normal office job over the summer which reduced my working week from 55hours to just 36hours. Returning to a 55 hours week became difficult for me.
It took me a number of weeks to gain momentum and drive on my first projects, one of which I discontinued completely as the work I was producing for it was well below Parr and adding to my unmotivated state.
It also took me a few weeks to realise what a valuable tool my blog would be. I use the internet a lot, especially as the majority of my design work is design for screen, however I never added my findings to the blog to evaluate or to explain my influences to others.
After asking for help (an enormous step for me) my work rate dramatically increased and I worked endlessly on my projects, and my blog started to take shape. However the work I aimed to produce was a rather outside of my comfort zone so even spending huge amounts of hours on it my work was still moving at a slow pace.
I really enjoyed the workshops I attended (which included After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash, Quark, and Final Cut) as this was one of my main aims this term, to gain further software knowledge. I thoroughly enjoyed applying some of my new found skills to my work and this will be something I continue over the coming weeks. Had my organisation and motivation been better at the beginning of the projects I may have had time to apply much more knowledge to my projects.
This is where my organisation let me down. Despite increasing my work rate I still lacked direction and prioritised tasks in the wrong order, this meant that my finished projects still didn’t have the professional finish or attention to detail that I need to have at this stage in the course.
Towards the end of the module I was working endlessly and that is something I relished in. I really loved being busy, I may not have been producing the right work at the right time but I was producing work and lots of it. For my next project I hope to return to my usual organised self, and prioritise work correctly, and teamed with my new ability to work through the night I hope to produce a much higher standard of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment